banana ice cream floats: serves 2
2/3 cup dates
1-2 teaspoons vanilla extract
520 ml (around 2 cups) coconut water-
3 frozen bananas
to make the soda - blend the dates, vanilla and coconut water together until smooth and foamy. try some! it’ll taste like root beer, i swear.
to make the ice cream - blend the frozen bananas until it’s like soft serve. you won’t believe the beauty. pour the soda into your fave tall glasses and scoop on the ice cream. sip it up in the sun with people you care about!
Breakfast, again: oatmeal, banana, berries and peanut butter.
Whole Foods Fourteener Bread topped with Earth Balance and Agave, along with an orange, strawberries, and blueberries.
Blueberry cinnamon flax cereal with strawberries, blueberries, sliced banana, and almond milk.
lemon thyme tofu, chickpea and veggie stir fry
oats topped with grapes, almonds, raspberries, goji berries and dark chocolate
- Friend: Yeah but the difference is cats and dogs actually have personalities
- Me: Woowwww, what?! Cows and pigs have personalities! Pigs are one the smartest animals... chickens can recognize around 100 other faces...
- Friend: I'm not having this conversation right now
- Me: EXCUSE ME I DID NOT START THIS CONVERSATION, YOU CANNOT BACK OUT
You know those incredibly sad commercials for the ASPCA that show all of the cats and dogs looking so sad and hopeless and pitiful? Somebody should make some commercials like that except with the animals trapped in slaughterhouses.
Every vegan who has a cat, dog, or most other domesticated animals are hypocrites.
That, or they’re abusing their animals.
They are not pets. They are companion animals that we treat as friends. We give them homes, food, and love for nothing in return. How is that hypocritical or abusive?
What do cats and dogs eat? :) ~~~
They eat what is required by their biology. :)
…because letting innocent animals sit in kill shelters until they are put down is much more humane than taking them in to provide them with homes, food, and love… NO.
Would someone like to write me a 1600 cal vegan meal plan, please??
With endless variations on the theme for both the ‘crust’ and the filling you can play around with the ingredients to your heart’s content. I kept the crust quite plain this time so that fruity filling coated in a sweet peanut buttery sauce could take centre stage, but by all means go ahead and jazz up your crust too! I used both an apple and a nectarine (as I had a nectarine that looked like it needed using up) but just the apple and maybe some raisins for an extra juicy texture would also be fabulous.
Ingredients (serves 1)Ingredients- cookies:
- 1/3 cup oats
- 3 tbs buckwheat flour (other flours would probably be fine too)
- ¼ tsp baking powder
- 1 tbs ground flax
- Ground cinnamon and vanilla extract to taste (approx. ½ tsp each)
- 1 tbs agave
- 3-4 tbs soy yoghurt (or regular yoghurt for non vegan)
- Walnut pieces to decorate- optional
- 1 small apple
- 1 small nectarine or two apricots (or omit and use 1 large apple)
- 1 tbs peanut butter
- 1 tsp ground flax
- 1 tsp agave (if necessary)
- Mix and mash all the cookie ingredients together well to form a thick sticky ball of dough. Divide into two and flatten the ball with wet palms and place both on a microwaveable plate. Decorate one cookie with walnut pieces.
- Cook on full powder in the microwave for 1 min 20s. Press with your finger and if there are no visibly sticky bits you’re done.
- Whilst the cookies are cooking, chop the fruit into 1-2 cm sized chunks. Place the apple in a microwaveable bowl and cook in the microwave for 1 min Add the remaining ingredients and cook for a further 1 minutes. Mix to coat evenly.
- Set out one cookie as a base and pile on the filing, adding the other cookie as a top crust. Dust with cinnamon if desired. Serve immediately.
This is just disgusting. In today’s society, people eat meat and other animal products- that is just how it is. But do they have to be as cruel as they possibly can? If you aren’t going to stop eating animal products, you can at least stop being disgusting and inhumane.